Sunday, November 18, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH

Since Zach wanted a guitar for his birthday and is a huge Hannah Montana fan I knew this was the cake for him as soon as I saw it. The guitar has blue glitter lip gloss inside and we all know how much he loves lip gloss, especially blue glitter!
Unfortunately, Zach decided to dislocate and fracture his pinkie playing basketball at school the day before his birthday. Apparently Zach doesn't "got game!"
Zach's dad and stepmother came down for his birthday. Gabe and Caleb call them Pop pop and Mom mom which cracks us up. Apparently Ron looks like a pop pop and well Jennifer is pop pops wife so naturally she is mom mom. Makes perfect sense to them. So Pop pop, aka Ron agreed, after Gabe explained things, that his small gift would be from Caleb and the big one would be from Gabe. Thanks Pop pop! So here Caleb is giving Zach the small gift.
The gang Sean, Erin and Tony.
Gabe and Caleb bringing in the big gift.
The whole family is enjoying the Metallica DVD that Sean got for Zach.
Thanks Sean, cool gift Dude!

Well obviously he won't be learning how to play this any time soon but he looks cool holding his guitar.
Chicks dig guys with guitars, right?
Singing and candles

Jim and I had great fun playing WII with Ron and Jennifer since we were not cool enough to hang with the kids. Jim beat us all at golf and Jen kicked butt at bowling but I am certain that I would have won both had my game not been off from the wine. I did learn a valuable lesson about judging people without really knowing them. I thought that I have always tried to be careful not to pass judgment so carelessly since I myself have been victim to such judgments. It is probably a result of the ex-wife/ new wife and ex-husband/ new husband unspoken rule of automatic dislike but I find myself really liking the new wife. I believe we would probably be good friends if they lived nearby and we spent more time together. We had so much fun and the patience and kindness that they showed Gabe and Caleb was awesome. Also, Ron fixed our faulty outlet in our kitchen that could have burned the house down. Thanks Ron and kudos to our builder, electrician and the inspector, job well done boys! Oh and Nick had the pleasure of Mom in stereo!

No comments: